Panzer schools, such as Paderborn and Bergen, had long been turning out exceptional replacement tank crews for the Wehrmacht. In these last days, experienced officers and cadets were few and fuel and ammunition for practice were running out. Nevertheless, each school organised its assets into Panzer Ausbildungs Verbände (Replacement Tank Forces).
While forced to fight with old equipment, the Ausbildungs units fought hard in those final battles against overwhelming odds. Yet, these last panzer units did not give up until they had fired their last bullet or shell, or lost their last tank in defence of the Reich.
The German Tank Training Company comes with:
• Three Panther (Late) (7.5cm) Tanks
• Three Panzer IV (7.5cm) Tanks
• Three Hetzer (7.5cm) Tank-hunters
• Three Panzer II (2cm) Tanks
• Two Tiger II (8.8cm) Tanks
• Three Wespe (10.5cm) Self-propelled Guns
• One Panzergrenadier Training Platoon
• Complete A5 Flames Of War rulebook
• One German "Start Here" Guide
• Two Decal Sheets
• Nine Unit cards.
For Flames of war, German Berlin, by Battlefront Miniatures